Hand Washing Protocol (use soap and water for at least 20 seconds):
- when you arrive to site
- before and after eating
- after using the restroom
- after any sneezing/coughing
- before and after any face touching
- before and after using any shared infrastructure or equipment
- before leaving site
Tools, Equipment and Infrastructure Cleaning Protocol:
- Wash your hands before touching any shared tools, infrastructure and equipment.
- We keep disinfectant in field supply containers and in wash station.
- Sanitize handles (tools, BCS, tractor wheel) before and after using
- Aside from deep cleaning protocol at the wash station, everyone should be doing an extra vigilant job of soap washing and sanitizing all surfaces, hoses, handles before processing produce. Food safety already requires this – but let’s be extra mindful.
Personal Behavior Protocol:
- If you are not feeling well, stay at home.
- Reach out to other GoFarmers if there are tasks that you need help completing while you stay away.
- If you come to the field site, abide by above protocols.
- When in group discussions and using shared spaces, leave distance (recommendation is 6 feet) between yourself and others.
- Masks are highly recommended when around others or using shared spaces.
- If you have done any off-island travel in the past 14 days, masks are required. In addition, be extra considerate of distancing from others.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Greet others with your voices instead of hugs, handshakes, fist bumps, etc.
- Check with your Farm Coach regarding employee, volunteer, and guest policies for your site.
Thank you for doing your part to keep yourself and our community safe!