Welcome to our GoFarm Hawaiʻi Canoe Crop Collection!
Below you will find canoe crops that we grow on our farm sites and varieties that have special significance to our unique ecosystems and culture. It is our goal at GoFarm Hawaiʻi to provide a comprehensive access point for learning. We have included scientific and academic information as well as indigenous knowledge and context about each crop.
Cost of Production information has recently been added under “References and Resources” below, be sure to check back for Food Safety resources that are in the works! If there are additional resources you’d like to suggest, contact us at email@example.com
References and Resources
- UH Hilo Hawaiʻi: The Medicinal Plant (ʻōlena)
- Mālama Learning Center: E ola with ʻōlena
- The Ku Project: Health benefits and cultural use of ʻōlena
- Hawaiʻi ʻUlu Co-op: ʻUlu Varieties Hawaiʻi
- DLNR Hawaiʻi: Big Tree, ʻUlu
- UH CTAHR: Hawaiian Breadfruit – Ethnobotany, Nutrition, and Human Ecology
- UH CTAHR: Hawaiian Ti
- Mānoa Heritage Center: Moʻolelo – Introduction plant, kī
- Bishop Museum: Ethnobotany – kī